Skip to content

Registration & Enrollment

New Student Enrollment

To enroll your student at Riverside, please either register your student online using the Skyward Family Access system, or complete a New Student Registration Packet and bring it to the office with an original birth certificate, immunization record, proof of residency and Parent ID (Driver's License or other picture ID).

To complete the online registration, please select Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment.  If you already have a Skyward Family Access account or have created a temporary account, please select New Student Enrollment. Riverside's school boundaries begin at Redwood Road and 7800 S.; east along 7800 S. (south side) to the Jordan River; south along the Jordan River (west side) to the West Jordan/South Jordan City Line (about 9400 S.); west along the West Jordan/South Jordan City Line (north side) to Redwood Road; north along Redwood Road (east side) to 7800 S. If you have questions about registration or if you are unsure if you live within the school boundary, please call the office at 801-565-7484 or visit Jordan School District's Boundary Locator page.

Here are a few things parents should know:

  • Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten.
  • You will need an original Birth Certificate.  The school will make a copy for your student’s education record.
  • You will need a copy of a current Immunization Record to show proof that your child has been immunized against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. A parent may claim an exemption to immunization for medical, religious, or personal reasons, as allowed by Section 53G-9-303 of the Utah Statutory Code. To receive a vaccination exemption form, the legally responsible individual who claims the exemption for the student must complete the online immunization education module.  More information on immunization exemptions can be obtained through the following online immunization education module.
  • Your child’s legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
  • If the child will not be living with a legal guardian, a special permit from Planning and Student Services is required. Please call them at 801-567-8183 OR 801-567-8259 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
  • You will need to provide one of the following documents as Proof of Address:
    • Utility Bill
    • Lease Agreement or Construction and/or Real Estate Purchase Agreement (to show completion and/or move-in date)

For more information, please visit the Jordan School District Registration & Enrollment page or contact the Planning & Student Services department.