Are you plan on volunteering in your student's class, going on a field trip or coming to eat lunch with your student during our Dads Make a Difference lunches? If so, you need to fill out a volunteer application (available in the office), have it signed by the school administrator, go to the District Office to be fingerprinted and clear a criminal background check before you can volunteer. Additionally, as required by the Utah Legislature in 2019, volunteers must also take the "Code of Conduct" training, sign an acknowledgement form and return that form to the School before visiting HR to complete the background check. See the links below for the training and signature form.
ALL VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO WATCH THE CODE OF CONDUCT VIDEO AND TURN IN THE SIGNATURE FORM TO THE OFFICE BEFORE YOU CAN VOLUNTEER, even if you have already been approved by the district.
Code of Conduct Signature Forms for all current volunteers are due by Friday, October 4, 2019. Please call the office if you have any questions.
We envision Riverside Elementary as a school where...
● Leaders are inspired one child at a time.
● All stakeholders, including principal, faculty, parents, students, school board, legislators, businesses, etc. communicate and work together to improve student learning in a collaborative community.
● Good is never good enough and teachers, parents, and students all continually strive to improve.
● Communication, collaboration, connections, and contributions are common.
● There is a strong vision and a sense of trust.
● The system supports the vision.
● Students feel safe and are respectful.
● Good citizens abound.
● Students can be taught to be responsible in their actions and how they treat others.
● Students know how to learn –they possess the strategies and skills to learn.
● All students are challenged and supported at their own level without frustration.
● There is a risk free environment where students will feel comfortable in trying out their educational ideas.
● Teachers and students respect and address the differences in individuals.
● Every classroom is inviting to parents and all parents respond by volunteering at least one time a year.
● Highly involved, informed, and aware parents know teacher expectations and their students’ progress.
● Riverside Elementary becomes the School of Choice of our patrons and a thriving partnership exists between parents, teachers, school, and students.
Parent Climate Survey
We want to hear about your experience with your student’s education. We invite you to participate in completing the Utah School Climate Survey from the Utah State Board of Education. This survey includes questions about your student’s learning, school safety, and interpersonal relationships, as well as your attitudes about the institutional environment and your personal involvement in school. Your responses will be very helpful in improving student relationships, learning conditions, and the overall school environment.
Beginning today, Wednesday, March 24, we invite all parents, guardians and caretakers to complete this survey. We ask that you please take this survey for each school at which you have one or more students enrolled. The survey is completely confidential and brief; it will take about six minutes to complete. Please submit your responses by May 7, 2021.
Survey results will only be reported as group responses. There are no right or wrong answers. We just want to know about your personal experiences. Responses are housed securely in an anonymous format with the Utah State Board of Education (USBE) for evaluation research purposes. All evaluation research projects are in compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, (343 CFR 99.31 (6)) and human subjects regulations (Protection of Human Subjects 45 CFR 46).
As you respond to each item, think about your own personal experiences as a parent, caregiver or guardian at your student’s school. Please answer all of the questions.
We hope you will take the time to provide us with this valuable information. Each school’s total survey results will be used to inform and develop appropriate strategies, procedures, and/or programs to enhance our school climate.
The link to complete the survey is below:
If you have questions about this survey, please contact Ben Jameson, Director of Evaluation, Research & Accountability, at email@example.com.
Thank you for your time and participation!