Safe Walking Routes
Riverside Elementary is a walking school. The only buses that come to our school are for our Special Education students. Please click on the link below for safe walking routes to our school.
When walking or riding your bike or scooter to school remember these safety tips:
- Walk only on the sidewalk, or if there is no sidewalk, walk on the side of the road.
- Do not walk, ride or play in the street.
- Stop, look and listen at every road edge. Look left, look right, then left again.
- Cross the street only at designated crosswalks or at the edge of streets. Never run across the middle of the street.
- Always wear a helmet when riding a bike or scooter.
- Obey all traffic signs and signals.
- Do not accept rides to or from school from a person you do not know.
- Students who eat breakfast at Riverside may arrive at school at 7:25 for A track or 8:40 for B Track and should go directly to the cafeteria. All other students should not arrive at school until 15 minutes before the bell rings.
- Do not leave the school grounds before the end of the school day unless you have checked out in the office.
- When being dropped off at the school, exit on the passenger side of the vehicle directly onto the sidewalk.