Are you plan on volunteering in your student's class, going on a field trip or coming to eat lunch with your student during our Dads Make a Difference lunches? If so, you need to fill out a volunteer application (available in the office), have it signed by the school administrator, go to the District Office to be fingerprinted and clear a criminal background check before you can volunteer. Additionally, as required by the Utah Legislature in 2019, volunteers must also take the "Code of Conduct" training, sign an acknowledgement form and return that form to the School before visiting HR to complete the background check. See the links below for the training and signature form.
ALL VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO WATCH THE CODE OF CONDUCT VIDEO AND TURN IN THE SIGNATURE FORM TO THE OFFICE BEFORE YOU CAN VOLUNTEER, even if you have already been approved by the district.
Code of Conduct Signature Forms for all current volunteers are due by Friday, October 4, 2019. Please call the office if you have any questions.
We envision Riverside Elementary as a school where...
● Leaders are inspired one child at a time.
● All stakeholders, including principal, faculty, parents, students, school board, legislators, businesses, etc. communicate and work together to improve student learning in a collaborative community.
● Good is never good enough and teachers, parents, and students all continually strive to improve.
● Communication, collaboration, connections, and contributions are common.
● There is a strong vision and a sense of trust.
● The system supports the vision.
● Students feel safe and are respectful.
● Good citizens abound.
● Students can be taught to be responsible in their actions and how they treat others.
● Students know how to learn –they possess the strategies and skills to learn.
● All students are challenged and supported at their own level without frustration.
● There is a risk free environment where students will feel comfortable in trying out their educational ideas.
● Teachers and students respect and address the differences in individuals.
● Every classroom is inviting to parents and all parents respond by volunteering at least one time a year.
● Highly involved, informed, and aware parents know teacher expectations and their students’ progress.
● Riverside Elementary becomes the School of Choice of our patrons and a thriving partnership exists between parents, teachers, school, and students.